Oklahoma Chapter Planning Awards
Nominations for the 2021 APA-OK Chapter Awards are now open! Nominations will be accepted until August 27, 2021. The awards honor outstanding overall plans, programs, and efforts throughout Oklahoma. Winners will receive a personalized award and will be recognized during the Cross-Chapter Collaborative Conference (November 1-3, 2021).
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Outstanding Public Outreach, Program, Project, Tool, Community Initiative - This award is for a specific planning tool, practice, program, project, community initiative or public outreach. This category emphasizes results and demonstrates how innovative and state-of-the art planning methods and practices help to create communities of lasting value.
- Outstanding Plan - This award is for a plan that advances the science and art of planning.
- Outstanding Citizen Planner - This award honors an individual or appointed or elected official who has advanced or promoted the cause of planning in the public arena. (Non-Professional Planner)
- Outstanding Student Project - This award recognizes a student or group of students in an Oklahoma planning, architecture, or landscape architecture program for an outstanding paper or class project that demonstrates the contribution of planning to contemporary issues; best applies the planning process; or best exemplifies applied planning research.
- Great Neighborhood, Great Street, or Great Public Space - Great Places in America singles out places of exemplary character, quality and planning; places with a unique identity, cultural interest, community involvement, and a sustainable vision for tomorrow.
For questions regarding the awards program, contact Jill Ferenc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the winners from past years:
OKAPA 2021 award winners!